Menu

The Taste of the Mountains : McLeod Ganj Diaries


Place : Mcleod Ganj, Himachal Pradesh

It is said that vacation calories don't count a bit! And I completely agree with that. Exploring new places is one of my favourite things to do and exploring variety of delicacies to such new places is just like icing on the cake!

Last month, I've been to McLeod Ganj in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh. Well, gazing at beautiful green hills with sparkling water gushing through it is one if it's kind experience. This place is also known as the "Little Lhasa" due to the presence of Tibetans. 


You can actually feel the calmness and purity of nature in McLeod Ganj as well as in Dharamshala which is just 5 km down the hill. Talking about the eateries there, you will find a lot of happening cafes and authentic Tibetan restaurants who serves a lot of delicious food items from sticky rice and chicken to mutton dumplings and Thukpa


Apart from the Tibetan eateries, you will come across some really good Italian restaurants too. One of them is the Nick's Italian Kitchen. They serve a lot of variety of Italian cuisine such as pizzas, pastas, risotto, spaghetti and for the sweet tooth like me, a lot of options in cakes, pastries and pies are there. 

I ordered my personal favourite Cheesy Margarita pizza and vegetable noodles with some fruity and slushy quenchers. Flavours were absolutely 10/10 and the ambiance was just perfect for a lively breakfast, lunch or dinner. Then, there was a small bakery where I had the best pancakes and waffles of my life. It was the banana pancake with maple syrup and crispy waffles with a drizzle of hot chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream along with it. 


It was so tempting that I couldn't just stop eating it until I finished it in no time. Moreover, value for money was also 8/10. I enjoyed eating my favourite food items in these two food joints and would love to recommend these places whenever you visit McLeod Ganj.

Trust me, sharing food experience is much easier and exciting than sharing food with someone; specially when it comes to waffles!!! and that too with CHOCOLATE SAUCE!

Enjoy the beauty of the Little Lhasa and don't forget to share your experience of yummy food with us. 

Love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author

authorHello, my name is Twinkle Bhatia. I'm a 25 year old foodie who love to explore the delicacies around the world.
Learn More →



Recently Cooked

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *