Menu

Being the Nawab of Lucknow : The Lucknow Cuisine

Place : Dastarkhwan, Lucknow

The Awadhi Cuisine is a cuisine native to the city of Lucknow and the Awadh region has been greatly influenced by Mughal cooking techniques. From a wide range of lip-smoking kebabs to drool-worthy sweets like kulfi and phirni, Lucknow is heaven for gluttons! 

As I'm born and brought up in Lucknow, my heart belongs here wherever I go! And with the Lucknavi cuisine I just can't get over it. One of my favourite restaurants here is the very famous 'Dastarkhwan' (from the epiglottis!) If you want to taste the authentic nawabi cuisine in Lucknow, then this place is on top of my list. Whenever I come home, it's a ritual for me to step in to Dastarkhwan to have my favourite delicacies. I visited this place few days back and ordered Afghani Chicken, Galawati kebab, Mutton Biryani, Chicken Korma and Tandoori Rotis. Out of all these, Galawati kebabs are my favourite!




Galawati means melt in your mouth, and the dish does exactly that. Well, let me tell you Lucknow is proud of its kebabs and so am I. It's like a variant made without any binding agents and comprising just the minced meat and the spices in it. 



The meat tends to melt in the mouth instantly and is best complimented with Mughlai Paranthas. The richness of Awadh cuisine lies not only in the variety of cuisine but also in the ingredients used like saffron and cardamom. You can actually smell the aroma of ingredients used in Lucknow and nowhere else. 




For a foodie like me, eating mouthwatering kebabs should be in everyone's bucket list because "Lucknow aaye aur Gulawati Kebab nahi khaye toh kya khaye!"

Do visit this place and share your experiences with us in the comment section.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author

authorHello, my name is Twinkle Bhatia. I'm a 25 year old foodie who love to explore the delicacies around the world.
Learn More →



Recently Cooked

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *